Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What is your motive?

I was listening to my pastor's radio show yesterday, and this woman calls in asking why haven't she been blessed yet. She went down the list of her obedience and she was crying out wondering why God hasn't given her what she was owed by the scriptures. I couldn't help but feel bad for this woman. Not because she wasn't getting her way, but that she hasn't truly discovered gratefulness for God being God.

Yes, there are many promises of prosperity and blessing coming our way in the Bible if we ask and obey. But that shouldn't be your primary purpose for doing what you do. For an example, it says in the Bible to tithe and it will come back to you tenfold. But should that be the main reason you tithe? No, you should tithe because it's in God's word and obeying Him is a way that you can show love for Him and show how grateful you are that He saved you when you deserve so much worst. Whenever I pray, if I don't get what I ask right away I try not to let it get me down. Instead, I lift God up in praise. If I were to die tomorrow I would be truly satisfied because Jesus gave His life so that I can be with Him in heaven! And nothing else really matters!

I truly believe having this attitude is what will get you blessed by God. We all fall short and become disappointed but the more we stay strong and faithful the more we will be rewarded.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 4:6-7

No comments: