Friday, October 27, 2006

Handling politics

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that I am not about politics. I
feel that politics separate us and keep us from looking at the bigger picture that God has for us. (If Jesus were to come back tomorrow could you say you shared His gift with others? Or were you too busy being critical and pointing your finger?) But I do vote and I do pray for people in power(ALL the people whether I agree with them or not.) over this country and the leaders in this world.
As Christians decide on who to vote for and what bills they want passed etc. etc. I think that they should take these two scriptures below and keep them in your heart.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life -- in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing." Philippians 2:14-16 I believe this scripture as saying that we need to leave it up to God to know that our prayers is enough. That when Jesus come back you can say you spent more time loving others and planting the seed of God in their hearts that eventually will change them. (because your arguing and yelling and finger pointing won't.)

And this second scripture: "Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Live the way God wants you to live, walk in love and understanding and He promises to make your cause shine above all else.

No comments: