Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Do you dig your own cistern?

"My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."
The above scripture is from Jeremiah 2:13. This scripture was my daily Bible verse that I am e-mailed. (one of the very few subscription e-mails that are welcomed lol) Usually when I read the daily verse, I nod and move on. But this one really held my attention. This is something that I tend to do that I know is holding me back from real blessings in my life. Whenever there is a problem or something bad happening, I try to deal with it first. I try to face it, and fix it, ultimately making it worst. How many of us forget how Jesus is our living water? That once He is in our lives digging our own cistern or well for water is pointless. Instead of always trying to quench our thirst on our own we need to reach above where Jesus will never fail us. Or maybe you are someone who do reach for God first but when things don't change right away you give up and try to use your own means. That is also the wrong way to go. Have faith that God will see you through. No matter how bad things look you have to resist the temptation to dig yourself deeper into the hole of life's problems.

1 comment:

Esther said...

The more I long for christ's heart the more I learn that I have no control over anything. To love christ is to live for him and to live for him means to depend on him for everything. Luke 9:23 If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me. Does that mean it will be easy? Heck No but everyday I think if he brought me to it, He will see me through it. Also I pray for strength!