Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Haters

A word that is most used by teens for the past few years has been haters. Haters are those who are basically jealous of someone else or someone who hurts the feelings of another by being a bully. I also noticed that this word has been used as a shield to hide the hurt feelings of this teen. I noticed many myspaces with slogans such as "Haters keep Hatin' cuz I look good" and "Go ahead and Hate on me, I know I am better then you..." etc. I was studying the Bible when thinking about this and came across Psalm 56:1-5, "Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me;all day long they press their attack. My slanderers pursue me all day long; many are attacking me in their pride. When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? All day long they twist my words; they are always plotting to harm me."

Young people deal with "haters" spreading rumors about them, saying they are better then them etc. mostly out of jealousy or that they feel bad about themselves. But they must know that God will be the one who will help them to shine, not themselves. Instead of attacking the haters or becoming like them they should give it over to God and continue to move on with their lives. David continues to say in Psalm 56:9-11 "Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise- in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

David had the worst haters ever. They not only spoke bad about him, and were jealous of him, but they wanted to kill him. But he chose to give it to God and God was the one to lift him up.

Also, if you find you have many haters maybe you need to look at yourself. Do you think you are better then others, do you draw them to you by showing off? Maybe you should be more loving to others and more giving and you will soon have more friends then haters.

Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirs up dissension,but love covers over all wrongs."

Romans 13:10 "Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."



No comments: