Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Giving Christians Staying Power

There are many Christians who think that constantly teaching about God's love and forgiveness will give others a free pass to sin. My blog is mostly about how people are going to make mistakes and that God is a gracious and loving God with mercies new every morning. (Lamentations 3: 22-25 1John 1:8-10) So do I feel like I'm giving people a free pass? No! This approach is the best approach because once you know you are loved and forgiven, the desire within you naturally changes to want to do good. It naturally becomes harder for you to just sin because you know you are loved! When people get beat down with condemnation and every mistake they have made or is making being thrown in their face this makes them go further away from God. They think, well I can't do it right even when I try so why try at all? This is not the message we should send. God loves and understands the temptations we go through in life! I know that is what keep me closer to Him because when I make a mistake I think, I shouldn't have done that but I know God loves me, I will repent and try not to do it again. Then I find that I am stronger on the inside only from His grace to get past that temptation the next time. When you accept you are nothing without Him and can't make it without Him you are more willing to hold on to HIm and use His strength to get you by because that's the only strength that works.

Hebrews 4:15-16 "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses...let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and and may find grace to help in time of need.

No comments: