Thursday, August 16, 2007

Accepting Christ/Easy Evangelism/My Promise

I have a burst of things I want to blog today, so I decided to do it in this one blog because I am unable to get online as often to do them in separate blogs. So here goes....

Accepting Christ

I recently was inspired through a DVD to start evangelizing more often. But I was feeling condemned and down on myself because I was chickening out everytime it came to approaching people. (I don't have a problem expressing my faith if someone brings it up but me starting the convo is always hard.) So I felt like a failure until this pastor (more in the next heading below) let me know that I do have a ministry through this blog and my websites and God will never give you a task that will burden you but will use you in the ways you are best at. So I wanted to post this just for people who do not know Christ in their life. (If you already know Christ and accepted Him as your Lord and Savior you can skip down.)

It says in Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus Our Lord. God gave you a gift because he knew that you will sin everyday and all sin will lead you to hell, not just what you think are big ones. Even white lies, even lusting. So you can never be good enough to get in heaven, you need God's gift of Jesus' blood. To receive this gift is simple, believe in your heart that Jesus died for you and took on your sins. And don't worry about everything you are going to have to change once you give your life to Christ. You will soon be overwhelmed with His love inside of you and as you read your Bible, go to church and walk in His love things will naturally change in your life. Do you know that most of the things I stopped doing I didn't even realized I stopped doing them? Until someone came and pointed it out to me and that would make me proud that I was growing and maturing as a person who is living for the Lord not left out. It says in Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (You will know that you are going to heaven when you die) So say this prayer right now. Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I know I can not earn my way to heaven but I believe right now that Jesus died for my sins and carried all my mistakes with Him to the cross. I want Jesus to be Lord of my life and to save me from the condemnation of hell. Help me to live a right life and to live for the coming paradise that you now have for me. In Jesus Name, Amen
Congratulations! You are a Christian. Feel free to go through the back logs of my blog to learn more on how to live for Christ and walk in love.

Easy Evangelism
So I was saying that this pastor that was guest preaching at my visiting church New Life Christian Center in Woodstock,IL. Was pointing out how we are all too much involved in what's going on in this world when our lives are just a speck compared to eternity. We have to go out and evangelize so that we know we have affected eternity because the people we save will go on to live beyond death. This made me think as well as made me feel bad that I still haven't came up to a stranger and saved them. But then he expressed how it's not as hard as you think that just dropping off tracts can save someone. I was shocked by this and spoke to him afterwards. I told him how I was feeling and he told me that I shouldn't feel that way if I have a blog talking about Christ and websites. He also told me to pick up his handout about easy evangelism. I love it and I feel so free now. I will transcribe it here for you now.
Easy Evangelism:
1. Hand out tracts to people-just say did you get one of these yet, as you hand it to them and they'll take it right away.
2. Leave a large stack in restaurants for people to take one
3. place tracts in bathrooms and public places as a leave behind
4. place tracts in shopping carts that are in a coral outside of a store
5. using postage paid envelopes to mail solicitors a tract
6 mail a tract with your check when sending a bill
7. Donate 200.00 to fellowship tract league and they print 125, 000 tracts for others to give away free. www.fellowshiptractleague.org 513-494-1075
8. 5.00 gets 1 Bible to China. on average 2000 people will read that Bible. contact the Bible league www.bibleleague.org 866-825-4636
9.Don't have tracts? God some at www.livingwaters.com under the heading ice breakers 800-437-1893

My Promise

I fell into some sin recently. Well, we as Christians all still sin everyday, we don't become perfect but we strive to do our best and allow Christ to use us, but I realized this particular sin was hindering me and I allowed it to go on and just as David was awaken by the prophet about his condition with Bathsheba, I had to fall on my face for forgiveness. And the best thing happened when I opened my Bible. I opened my Bible and noticed these versus:

Isaiah 54:6-10
"For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD your Redeemer.

"To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.


And then after I rejoiced from that I noticed these versus and felt in my spirit this was my promise from God.

Isaiah 55:2-13
Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.

Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."

Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;

the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

No comments: