Monday, March 27, 2006

My Space


Last month I decided to start a myspace page http://www.myspace.com. If you don't know what that is, it's a website that gives mini-websites to people who can easily interact with each other . It has thousands of people mostly teens and young adults joined as well as famous musicians/actors (even though some aren't official and some are just fan clubs). I first heard about it through my younger sisters who are always on the computer sending messages and bulletins. I didn't think much of it until one day I walked into this coffee house and literally saw over half of the laptops logged onto myspace. After that, I thought that it would be a great venue to advertise for my magazine. So I started a page. One month later I have been contacted by over 100 talented people agreeing to help me out and my ideas. But the biggest blessing was this: The many many young people who have come to me proclaiming their love for Christ. It was a shock to me to see so many myspaces that are dedicated to having a relationship with God. Some as young as 12 and 13. It's an awesome thing to see the power of God running through these young people. I have read blogs full of wisdom (that put mine to shame!:-) and projects of encouragement. There are hip hop Christian music artists(such as the pic shown above), Rock and roll Christian music groups and so much more. I believe God is using the youth as well as-if not more-then adults to get the word out to the lost. Don't underestimate a group of teens you may see out on the street, they may be the very ones out their saving souls. 1 Timouthy 4:11

The above picture is one of my myspace friends promoting his Christian album.

Want to take a look at my myspace page? go to http://www.myspace.com/beyonditallmag

UPDATE: THE NPR PUT OUT A STORY ABOUT MYSPACE AND HOW A LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ARE USING IT TO ORGANIZE FOR POLITICAL CAUSES CHECK IT OUT.

No comments: